Thursday, July 22, 2010

sexting

So, my husband had been white water rafting for 6 days. Then traveled for 2 days for bid-ness. Then took my kids camping for 3 days.  Then traveled for bid-ness for another 3 days.  So, yeah....we missed each other.  He was really missing me on 4th of July when he was stuck camping with a bunch of nerds (and our kids) while I was at our friends' house with 3 other couples that we always hang out with.  I was having a blast with our 'crew' and I was keeping him updated via text.  He was sooooo jealous!

I went home that night and texted him that I was going to bed.  He asked why I didn't send him any photo texts while I was at the party.  I explained that it was too dark and smoky (fireworks).  He asked, "how about a photo now?"   I got all embarrassed! I've never, in my life, sent a naughty text to anyone, let alone my husband of 10 years. But, call it lapse of judgement or 7 Summer Shandy's....whatever.  I snapped a pic of my boob and wrote, "there, are you happy?  goodnight."   He was all happy and so forth. 

I thought that was the end of it....until.  My kids come and wake me up two days later and the older one is shoving my phone in my face at 7:30 this morning saying, "MOM, LOOK WHAT GABE DID!!!"  I look and see a picture of my boob.  Now, any other time, I'd totally assume Gabe did it.  He's a pig.  He is known for taking disgusting pictures of things. But, we both know who is responsible for taking this particular photo.  However, I can't very well tell my kids, "no, that was me.  I took a picture of my own boob so your dad could get his jollies".  That would traumatize them.  So, I did what any other mother would do. I threw my 5 year old right under the bus.  I was like, "Gabe.....did you take this picture????"   He was bawling!  He was all, "it wasn't me, I tell you!"    I couldn't handle the guilt anymore, so I blamed it on the camera, saying it had accidently captured me getting dressed.  Mother of the year.

No comments: