Thursday, December 31, 2009

hypocricy

Nothing, I mean nothing bothers me more than hypocrisy. I'll cut a bitch over hypocrisy.

In my book, there are two kinds of hypocrisy: DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO: This kind of hypocrisy occurs when the [said] offender gets on his or her soapbox to proclaim their convictions with such gusto, but then has the nerve break their own rules. And then, to make it worse, they dismiss their actions with a quick & dismissive, "oh, well that's different". Ooooh, them are fighting words. I don't care who or what you are, just own it! Don't pretend to be a saint and judge everyone else, then sleep with half the town. Ya know?

Like this person, for example....she gets up on her hind legs and rants about cancer awareness and makes everyone else feel like shit for not doing as much work as she has on the issue, then has the audacity to blow cigarette smoke in all of our (non-smoking) faces. Or the person who lies, cheats and is basically a cunning, calculating, con-artist, but then berates someone for not sending a birthday card. (hypothetical, of course).

Moving on... WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE ISN'T NECESSARILY WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GANDER: The husband is FAMOUS for this one and it is often what causes me to envision taking a shovel to his kneecaps. This offense comes in all shapes and sizes in our household. I should preface this paragraph with a bit of background on the matter. He likes to pick on me. Not in a controlling, Lifetime Movie kind-of-way, but in a petty, joking kind-of-way. The man loves to point out my mistakes. This is where I've adopted the nickname "Luuu-cyy". Get it? My big Cuban husband (ok, he's mexican) and his ditzy white wife. He'll gripe at me for spending money on things that we'll genuinely need, then he'll shamelessly buy a Harley Davidson, riding lawn mower, snow blower, every single article of clothing that Harley has ever made, goes out to lunch every single day, buys the kids ridiculous gifts just for simply being adorable, and every other unnecessary trinket or tool that's ever been brought into this house that's only purpose is to make life a tad more convenient for him. Then I'll be like, "babe, I gotta run to Target and get a new mop" he'll be all, "WHAAAAT??? That's crazy, just use a toothbrush". Ok, I'm exaggerating, but you get the point. But it doesn't always have to do with money. It can come down to parenting, diet, chores, in-laws, etc... Hypocrisy in any form is a real touchy subject with me. As you can plainly see.

Anyway---in addition to my funny stories, I'll often use my blog to vent about issues that rattle me. Call it passive aggressive--whatev. It makes me feel better.

Stay tuned for my next blog about 'insecurities'. :-) Except you have to pronounce it
"in-seh-kurr-i-tee" Like Bon Qui Qui (my favorite You Tube video---if you haven't seen it....you MUST).

M'WAH xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like a miserable house wife with nothing better to do than to poke fun at others in light of making yourself feel better? Get a life!!! Stay on the medication.....and please....get a life!

Annoyed in Rockford!

Unknown said...

Yayyyy!!!! Ya know...they say you're a nobody until you get your first hate mail! I've been waiting and waiting all these years but have only received praises about how "refreshing", "witty" and "honest" my writing is. FINALLY--a hater. Now I have officially arrived! Oh--and rest assured, sister (or brother), I will most certainly stay on my medication!! You nailed it, I am totally miserable. I mean, wouldn't you be? I have tons of friends who adore me, a successful and loving husband, two of the most gorgeous children ever conceived and my life is nothing short of rich. Obviously that screams misery. It's just so exhausting being me.

One thing you were wrong about though, I WISH I had no life. I would love nothing more than to lay around all day writing anonymous emails to people who annoy me, but unfortunately I've got stuff going on. I love your comments, keep the hate mail coming!!! I plan to print them off, frame them, matte them and hang them in my guest room as a conversation piece!!! Thank you!! Write again soon!

and P.S. here's a thought. If my blog annoys you so much, don't read it. Or fire off anonymous comments...whichever. Either way, I'm happy. :-)