Tuesday, March 16, 2010

my return to reality

After spending 5 days away, in Minneapolis, with my sister, I have returned to life as I know it.  Or at least, as I knew it. 

I've changed and I just don't think I'm ready for my old life.  In fact, I can barely remember this actually being my life.  I'm told that it was.  It's like that movie with Goldie Hawn, "Overboard".  Did I really used to take care of children and clean all day???

To be clear, I spent my vacation pretty much horizontal. Except for the day when we literally drank for 11 hours and then had the strength to go gambling. My biggest decision of every day was figuring out which shoes to wear.  I leisurely showered.  I leisurely got prettied up.  I leisurely sat thru my 2 hour pedicure. I leisurely watched movies (and not in 10 minutes segments). I leisurely ate (and drank...). So, you're seeing a pattern, yes?  I lounged.  And caught up on tv.  But, I wasn't a total sloth, we laughed....a lot.  Laughing burns calories.  We even wore work-out clothes one day.

So, upon my return I was like a fish out of water.  I got very, very used to my 'leisurely' life.  I don't like this life that I supposedly had pre-Minneapolis.  There are children here. Ones that talk, and complain.  That doesn't bode well with my new leisurely outlook on life.

On a lighter note, my husband not only took great care of the kids while I was gone,  but my house was completely spotless when I got home and he somehow found the time to paint our bedroom.  (I was grateful beyond words, but secretly I think he' was just trying to show off--proving to me that he can do my job better than I can.  Which...who couldn't? A monkey can do my job.  But I was thrilled, nonetheless). 

That's all then. Just a little shout out to let you know how much fun I had on my much-needed-respite.  Looking forward to my next jaunt!!!  Now, about these short people who keep calling me mom....

No comments: