Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Successor Sleeps Over

So, I had me a little sleep-over last night.  Jason was traveling, so I invited Laura (you know, the girl who gets to marry Jason if I die) over for a little girl on girl action.

My plan to tickle each other was heavily clouded when she walked in and immediately asked me to put on ESPN. Curses! Our girl talk got thrown to the wayside while MSU trampled Michigan on the basketball court. Who cares. 

The game finally got over and not a second too soon because Teen Mom on Mtv was about to start! Laura took off her 'dike' hat and got girly with me after all.  We ate Red Vines and laid on my couch watching these pathetic teens try to raise babies.  It was all fun and games until Tyler (God, I love that boy) proposed to his longtime (1 year) girlfriend, Caitlyn.  A little background; Tyler is precious.  He's a darling 17 year old boy who is caring, mature, responsible and so loving. He got his girlfriend (Caitlyn) pregnant and out of all the couples on this show, they were the only ones who put their own feelings aside, thought only of the love they had for their unborn daughter and gave her up for adoption.  I completely and utterly commend them for that impossible decision. My respect for them aside, ohhhhh, Caitlyn.  Poor, poor Caitlyn.  While Tyler is such a cutie pie, Caitlyn is.....not.  Truth be told, she reminds me of a Bermese Mountain Dog.  Bless her heart.  The situation going on with her mouth is so unfortunate.  She has braces and wires and rubber bands and chapped lips......not to mention a mouth the size of a salad bowl.  But I digress. 

ANYWAY---so, this season focuses on their struggles with knowing that someone else is raising their baby, but they remain strong in their convictions that it was indeed the right decision to make.  They are a sweet couple and seem to have hope for a glowing future, despite the fact that they seem to have been raised by wolves.  Tyler's father (Butch) has been in and out of prison for the past 12 years.  He's currently out of the big house and has since married Caitlyn's mother.  Which, you guessed it, makes Caitlyn and Tyler step-siblings.  Of course!  Caitlyn's mother is a real dandy herself.

So, Tyler goes to Caitlyn's mom and asks her permission to marry her daughter.  The conversation goes something like this, "So, ya know, I love Caitlyn a whole lot and I care a lot about her.  I'm 17 and I never thought I'd ever meet the one, but I'm pretty sure Caitlyn is the one, so I was wondering if you'd approve".   The grubby mom just cackles and coughs up some phlegm, then smiles and shows off her black gums and says, "You're gonna make Caitlyn cry.....and you're prolly gonna puke"!!!!   Nice.  OK, so fast forward to the next day and Tyler tells Caitlyn to dress real nice because they're going somewhere 'fancy' for lunch.  Lunch.  He suggests she wear her Homecoming dress.  To lunch.  He puts on a suit and tie, but has trouble with his tie, so he asks his father to help him in this momentous occasion.  Dad (Butch) walks in, with his sleeveless t-shirt and long grey braid and says, "I ain't never wear no god damned tie".  Butch is such a scoundrel!  Of course, sweet li'l Caitlyn googles 'tie tieing' online and she ties the tie for her soon-to-be groom. The bow tie he'll wear at the wedding should be extra challenging!

So, they roll up in this beat up van to a restaurant that looks like a diner.  They continue to gush over the 'fancy-ness' of the restaurant, all the while he orders a burger and fries.  No one seems to much care that she's wearing a beaded evening gown in a diner in the middle of the afternoon.  Precious li'l Tyler pops the question and I would have cried, but I couldn't get past Caitlyn's mouth full of metal saying, "I'll totally marry you".   Anyone wanna lay bets that they'll be knocked up by season 3? 

I love reality tv.  So, Laura and I sat up and talked about these young mothers as if they were our friends or sisters.  We cracked each other up until the wee hours. She spent the night and the next day, my 4 year old asked me if Laura was my husband. 

No----but if she plays her cards right, she might be his new mother!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your crazy lol

Molly said...

Hey good job getting your ads up!!!! :)